American Express® GlobalTravel Card #
Pre load an American Express GlobalTravel card for convenience, peace of mind and security. Available in US Dollars, British Pounds or Euros and accepted at millions of locations globally, the American Express GlobalTravel card is the essential travel companion.
- Easy to use as a credit card - all you need is your signature for merchants and your PIN for ATMs.
- Reload (add funds) at your own pace and convenience. Simply visit QPCU where you purchased your card or do it via BPAY®.
- Use the card overseas at millions of locations where American Express Cards are accepted**
(merchants and ATMs). You can even use it for online purchases.
- Check your balance online or over the phone wherever you are, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, making it easy to manage your budget.
- It is a useful budgeting tool, as you only spend what you have loaded onto the card.
- The card has no inactivity fees to worry about. Leave your funds on the card as long as you please and they will still be there in full the next time you want to use them.
- The available funds on your card are valid for life.
- Unlike other cards, your funds remain in your account indefinitely even after the “Valid Thru” date indicated on the front of the card.
- Lock in the exchange rate when you load or reload funds onto the card. So as soon as you know you’re going overseas, you can load up the card in advance. That way you don’t have to worry about exchange rate fluctuations.
- Enjoy special merchant offers around the globe for American Express Cardmembers through the American Express Selects™ program. So, before you step out in a new town, check americanexpress.com.au/selects for a list of places that offer discounts and special promotions.
Peace of Mind
- The card is replaceable if lost or stolen, so your money is always safe.
- You can report the card has been lost or stolen by calling American Express Customer Service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, within Australia or via toll free local access numbers when travelling.
- We issue a backup card at time of purchase – minimizing inconvenience or delay if your primary card is lost or stolen.
- We offer card replacement or emergency funds access, at no additional cost to you, if both your primary and backup cards are lost or stolen.
- As the card is not linked to a bank account, it helps protect you against identity theft or fraud.
American Express GlobalTravel Card Product Disclosure Statement
With over 60 currencies available we are confident we can provide you with the foreign cash you require, no matter where in the world you are going. Your foreign cash will be available for collection within 48 hours from QPCU.
American Express Travellers Cheques #
American Express Travellers Cheques are a safe and easy way to protect your spending money whilst travelling. They are available in 6 major currencies and universally accepted.
Should you have the misfortune of having your travellers cheques stolen or lost, they are replaceable within 24 hours, virtually anywhere in the world. There is also no expiration date so you can always save unused cheques for another trip.
With American Express Travellers Cheques your travel funds are protected and you will never be stranded without access to your money.
Click here for encashment and acceptance locations
A Telegraphic Transfer (TT) allows you to electronically send funds directly into your beneficiaries account in a specified currency. TT's are the preferred method to make large value international payments as they are processed quickly, cost-effectively and securely in over 100 currencies.
To send a TT, you will need to contact us and we will facilitate the payment for you. You will be required to provide the following information in order to process a TT with us:
- Your street address
- Beneficiaries name and street address
- Beneficiaries bank account details
Foreign Currency Drafts
Foreign Currency Bank Drafts, commonly called drafts or foreign currency cheques, are simply bank cheques made to a recipient who can deposit the cheque directly into their own account. Drafts are an ideal payment method when you have small amounts to pay or you do not know the banking details of the person or beneficiary you need to send money to. Drafts can be ordered at QPCU and are typically available within 48 hours.
Unique Global Assist® Services
With just a phone call away, American Express Global Assist Services are always there to assist you - from lost luggage assistance to doctors who speak your language, or simply to find out more information before your trip. When you travel, we are always at your side to provide emergency assistance such as lost passport replacement or emergency legal or medical referrals.
Conveniently convert your foreign currency into Australian Dollars for your local spending requirements. Should you have excess foreign cash, unused travellers cheques or receive a foreign currency cheque or draft, you are able to exchange these for Australian Dollars through QPCU's encashment service.
** You will not be able to use your American Express GlobalTravel Card in Australia and certain other countries where Australian or United States sanctions apply.
# A Disclosure Document will be provided where Travellers Cheques and American Express GlobalTravel Cards are sold and are available upon request. You should request an American Express Financial Services Guide and consider the appropriateness of Travellers Cheques and American Express GlobalTravel Cards in relation to your individual requirements. American Express Travellers Cheques are issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company,Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New York, USA. ® RegisteredTrademark of American Express Company. Please visit americanexpress.com.au/globaltravel and read the Product Disclosure Statement. American Express GlobalTravel Card is issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New York, USA. ® Registered Trademark of American Express Company.The general financial advice contained in this brochure is provided by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208) AFS License No. 237996.