CUSTOMER OWNED BANKING Code of Practice
4.5 million Australians bank with credit unions, building societies and mutual banks (Mutuals). Mutuals are subject to the same strict regulatory regime as the banks, but because they are owned by their customers they are genuinely focused on putting customers first.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (the Code) is a voluntary industry code that commits subscribers to providing a higher level of protection to its customers than the law requires. QPCU is proud to subscribe to the Code.
Our 10 key promises to you
By subscribing to the Code, QPCU makes the following commitment to its members:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our customers
- We will give you clear information about our products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise our customers' rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote this The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
Where can I find out more?
Read more about the Code and download a copy
A Code Compliance Committee (‘the CCC’) has been established to ensure that subscribers meet the standards of good practice set out in the Code.
The CCC also investigates complaints that the Code has been breached and monitors compliance with the Code through activities such as mystery shopping, surveys and onsite visits. Further information on the CCC, including contact details, visit the website